Friday, November 20, 2009

How do you handle cheaters?

eheem..Cheaters ;) adapted from allnurses.com

Alright here is the story in as short and brief terms as possible. One of my classes is taught in a lecture auditorium with about 90 seats and 72 students. Exams are given in this auditorium. It resembles a movie theater with rising rows one section is dead center and their are two sections--one to the right and one to the left. Obviously testing under these conditions is "uncomfortable" to put it in one word because if you want to cheat all you have to do is move your eyes..no looking up or twisting of the head is necessary. Most people have their papers covered like hawks.


It became apparent to me after the exam that multiple people were discussing their cheating habits on the exam and those who didn't even bother to open a book received a grade in the high 90's..and how funny is it that so did the person next to the other. I don't really care about what grade everyone gets..it just bothers me that people are cheating on these types of exams. If they can't answer the questions themselves I don't want them standing over my loved one's bed. As you can imagine because the room is split into three sections it is impossible for the professor to watch all sides at once. When I was in LPN school they were much more strict about adequate room between those that were testing. At least one empty desk between each student and the class wasn't as large. My question is..should I keep my mouth shut and keep it moving..or is this something that needs to brought to the professors attention. I think that I should bring it up..but if I had to I would want to bring it up anonymously. How do you guys feel because I am feeling a tad bit enraged at the persistent lack of integrity that is demonstrated amongst my classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment